Tuesday, February 2, 2010

opt out

I've never seen a single episode of Lost and I love it. Weird thing to love, right? I don't have a problem with Lost and I'm not taking some kind of principled stand by not watching it. I just think you need to say no sometimes.

I've heard and seen Lost obsession everywhere this week. On blogs, on the radio, on TV, on Facebook, shaved into the neighbors' dog, etc. I've come to the conclusion that there are just too many things going on in our world to be involved with all of them. I've chosen to opt out of watching Lost.

Go on, tell me what I'm missing. I'll probably tell you I don't care.

I'm so rude.


P.S. I've also never seen 24. And Greg hates American Idol.

6 comments:

Mark and Kaitlyn said...

I love Lost, but I am just glad it is finally the last season, because I don't think I could watch it any longer.... It's taking forever. So it's okay that you are opting out.

Michele said...

American what? Oh that show that humiliates people dumb enough to think that they can have the next top 40 hit- can't stomach that one either, Greg.
I havent' seen 24 or Lost but won't miss Burn Notice or Eureka!

kate said...

we all have choices to make when it comes to time. like i choose to post a comment right now instead of putting my children to bed. and we're all happy about that! :) haven't seen lost either, but caleb and i are really getting into friday night lights (old seasons from the library.)

Jenna said...

Never thought I'd be into a tv show. But I have a husband who decided to be obsessed - so I jumped on the band wagon (and will suffer for it - 3 hour premier tonight = 3 hours less sleep. sad.)

Coopers said...

what?!! hate american idol?! i love that show. and yes, we watch 24. that is an ok one to miss. lots of violence.

i have seen one episode of lost at byu. i had no idea what season, what episode, or what even was happening. i think you need to start from the beginning on that one.

sometime i'm sure we (meaning Lee and I) will cave in a watch them. who knows?

brandoncwilson said...

Wendy I know exactly how you feel. (I know I am going to get hate-mail for this..) I have taken the exact same approach to the Harry Potter books. I am sure they are great, and so much better than the movies, and that Harry is the greatest wizard ever blah blah blah, ad infinitum, ad nauseum. I have drawn a line in the sand. I am sticking my ground and I will not read them. There... I said it. Let the hate-mail begin. ;P