Monday, January 25, 2010

in response

Comment from this post:

Dear Wendy,
I love your posts. Thanks for always making me smile.
Love,
Amy
PS- I found my writing portfolio the other night- Including a book we started writing together based on the Baby Sitter's Club. The catch phrase? Eight girls and their eight stories from their seven weeks of haunted summer. Who wouldn't want to read it?

My response:

Dear Amy,

Thank you for reading. I figure I owe you at least one smile since I threw a brick at you as a child. I'm still relieved I missed. I remember running in fear as my brothers yelled "Run Wendy, run" from the back deck as your mom chased me around the house. Then I hid under my bed until our moms finished their conversation on our porch. I believe that was the day I sealed my fate of playing soccer, as opposed to softball. I'm glad we could remain friends.

Love, Wendy

PS- In a recent effort to overcome my own genetic pack ratness :) I found copies of two stories you wrote. I think they were for our "club." What did we call it again? Something about crafts and dancing...I forget. I'll post a picture of one of the covers, including Bob's signature. Yes, he desecrated one of the covers with his kid handwriting. Typical. Also, I need your address because you should certainly be in possession of these stories, not me.

1 comments:

Amylee said...

Wendy-
Funny, because I was thinking I needed to get your address to send a copy of this book to you. It's a gem. My e-mail is Nicoll521@yahoo.com. Send me your address and then I will send you mine.
Love,
Amy
PS- The PPJ club= Paper pocket, jump. (Remember our paper polly pockets we made because we couldn't afford the real thing??? Life was awesome).
PSS- I'm also glad you missed me with that brick; I don't think I would have forgiven you the next day if you had.
PSSS- You trying to hit me with the brick is peanuts compared to when Andy chased my sister around with a butcher knife when she was tending him. True story. (Or was it Caleb??? I have a hard time imagining it was him, so I'm going to go with Andy.)