Monday, January 5, 2009

That one guy

I've been a huge blog slacker. Maybe this will spice things up a bit:

At church yesterday a little boy approached the podium to bear his testimony. He happens to be the son of one of the members of the bishopbric in our ward. He began with the usual "I'd like to bear (which always sounds more like "bury" when little kids say it) my testimony. I know the church is true..." Then he continued with, "I know that (LOOOOOONG PAUSE) that one guy buried the plates made of brass." I, along with most of the congregation, couldn't hold in my amusement at hearing that statement. I was laughing so hard that I doubled over and missed seeing him turn around to ask his dad what "that one guy's" name is. I tuned back in just in time to hear him say, "Moroni" and conclude his testimony.

Classic. Kudos to that kid for giving Moroni a shout out in fast and testimony meeting - I don't think that happens often.

Stay tuned for more funny stories about kids in our ward. AKA I recently got called to be a nursery leader...

1 comments:

Trent and Steph said...

That is too funny.