Friday, January 23, 2009

I am that woman

Which comedian makes the joke about women that remember everything, including the date of the first time their significant other kissed them in a Jiffy Lube? Jim Gaffigan? Demetri Martin? That other guy? Well, I am that woman. Honestly, I think it scares Greg a little bit. I mention this because today is the 1-year anniversary of our official engagement (we had our date set at the Temple for almost two weeks before I actually said "yes"). Granted this event is of obviously greater importance than a kiss at any Jiffy Lube. Unless, of course, that is where you were proposed to. (please say that has never happened to anyone) Regardless, when my wedding ring went missing last week, Greg held me as I sobbed into his shoulder and said, "I didn't even make it one year without losing my ring."

Today I'm happy to say that I'm wearing that ring and I am that woman - the one Greg picked.



Clarification: The aforementioned comedian does actually make the joke about Jiffy Lube; I'm not trying to say I remember the first time Greg kissed me at Jiffy Lube. Besides, we're more of the Pep Boys type.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my nephew Xander who turns 1 today!

5 comments:

Wendy said...

P.S. My husband informs me it is Kevin James that makes the joke.

Trent and Steph said...

Happy one year from your engagement.

Coopers said...

And the fact that your planner is so detailed. You don't even need to keep a journal because that thing is packed! It is amazing!

Scott and Shay said...

Congrats on the one year engagement...it only gets better and better!

Jenna said...

Hey Wendy - so where did you find the ring?!! I am dying with curiosity! What a painful experience - glad the story ended good :)