Friday, June 12, 2009

oink

What happened to the swine flu hysteria? Is it bad that I honestly hoped someone I knew would get it? Just for bragging rights, of course. I've been waiting my whole life to see a pig fly and all for naught :) What can I say?-I have always had a thing for pigs, or so my piggy bank collection would reveal.

My favorite part of this epidemic was the World Health Organization trying to get people to call the flu by its "real name": Influenza A(H1N1) or H1N1 for short. H1N1? As my ever so clever younger brother pointed out, doesn't that look like it spells "hiney?" I'm pretty sure no one will admit to having the "hiney flu"...

Oh the irony - I just picked up today's paper (Standard-Examiner) and the top article is about swine flu.

2 comments:

kate said...

yeah, i haven't heard anything about that lately either, but my hiney is feeling sore today. . .hmmm. oh yeah, i started exercising again after nine months of laziness. serves me right. and guess what? we saw baby pigs today! the girls about died, maybe they have a genetic predisposition to love little porkers?

Wendy said...

Kate - We are just on the same page today! What kind of exercising?

It's true, I loved pigs as a child-I'll post more about that another day.