Thursday, April 22, 2010

string cheese

Is 9 a.m. too early for string cheese?

I didn't think so either.




Notes on string cheese:

(Yes, I've managed to accumulate this much of an opinion on the matter over my years.)

  • String cheese must be eaten right out of the fridge while still very cold. Waiting even a few minutes to eat it entirely ruins the experience. (Did I just refer to eating string cheese as an experience? Clearly I need to get out more-dang grad school.)
  • Western Family string cheese reins supreme. I've tried other string cheeses, they just aren't as good.
  • String cheese is the best mid-morning snack ever created.
  • String cheese must be eaten in strings. Taking bites out of the whole stick is STRICTLY forbidden and just plain gross.
Now you know :)

8 comments:

Michele said...

How do you feel about cheese Curds?

Megan Maree Walker Boehm said...

I totally agree with everything you just said!

Amylee said...

Western Family is the best! It's one of the few things that I go out of my way to buy at a different store. Know what's good? String cheese laid over some deliciously buttery and flakey club crackers. (The string cheese is of course torn in strings and made to fit the crackers. It's my favorite mid-afternoon snack). (Okay, that and swedish fish).

kate said...

string cheese is a staple at our house. and WF is the best! it's saltier and firmer. they don't have it out here. boo!

Rebecca said...

Biting string cheese is so gross. There was this one guy that was in Jake & I's major and graduating class and that's how he'd eat his string cheese. BLEH! He was always referred too as "Cheese Dude" after that.

Coopers said...

can you still get it for $.25? oh the good old days of lunch at bowman's! we lived on that stuff. i hear it makes you run fast!

and yes, wf is the best. so sad they don't have it out here!

Jenna said...

agreed agreed. Must string and must be cold! Bites give me the heeby geebies!

Aaron and Lindsay said...

Totally agree! It's never too early to eat string cheese (or a skinny cow ice cream sandwich for that matter)! ha.