Monday, February 23, 2009

February Conundrum

Background: I was walking past the reception desk and came across a student (who looked really lost).

Student: Do you know where a calendar is I could look at?
Me: I have one at my desk if you walk over here.
[We walk to my "office" down the hall]
Me: Here you go. [I hand him my desk calendar]
Student: Oh, it only goes to 28 this month?
Me: [Pause] Yup.
Student: Ok, thanks. [Walks out the door]

Yes folks, it only goes to 28 this month. Sometimes it goes to 29. Don't worry about that until 2012.

7 comments:

kate said...

ha ha! i laughed out loud and am now trying to explain to malan why that is so funny.

Wendy said...

I didn't know what to say, it was kind of awkward.

Kate: You all looked great on the webcam last night. Sorry we had to jet so fast. We can't wait for little Wilson #3!

Davis Valley Classic said...

Haha! Yes, and when that good ol' 29 rolls around again, my husband will be 7 years old!

Coopers said...

That is so funny that he couldn't just ask you. Or look on his phone (that is if he had one).

Amylee said...

Who decided that February would only have 28 days in the first place? This calendar system doesn't make much sense.

Michele said...

Wait until next weekend and daylight savings time hits- that will really through him for a loop.

Davis Valley Classic said...

Happy Birthday Wendy!