Friday, August 8, 2008

"What's that got to do with this, Peach?"

If you were wondering what the last place in the world I expected to find a scripture printed was, you're in luck! It just so happens that I found it Wednesday night on a bag of hash browns. That's right, I was cooking hash browns for "breakfast for dinner" and what should I find but Isaiah 30:18 printed right there on the bag. Sooooooooo random. And no, that particular scriptural reference has nothing (as far as I can tell) to do with frozen diced potatoes. Here's the verse that was printed on the bag: Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion.

P.S. I pulled out my Bible and the verse reads as follows in the King James Version: And therefore will the Lord wait, that he may be gracious unto you, and therefore will he be exalted, that he may have mercy upon you: for the Lord is a God or judgment: blessed are all they that wait for him.

P.S.S. Lee, you inspired me so we had waffles in your honor as well :)

P.S.S.S. I think they were Western Family hash browns.

0 comments: