Wednesday, August 20, 2008

*Warning, this post contains random dribblings from Wendy's brain. Be afraid, be very afraid.*

What is it about blogging that makes it so, I don't know, cathartic? I think it's partly because I've always had a 'thing' for writing. Not so much that I consider myself 'good' at it but rather that I've always been drawn to it, in a sense. I guess I just like getting my thoughts on paper (the computer screen, etc.) to see if they make sense outside of my head. Writing this is making me wonder why I've never been much of a journal writer...probably because I have so much to say anytime I try that it just takes too long. Maybe that's because I tend to be detailed. I'm sure I've driven many of you who will read this crazy because I just can't seem to spit out a story without lots of unnecessary details (Sorry Greg, I know you're often the victim of this one. I love you! :)


I have an even bigger 'thing' for words than for writing in general. In fact, the improper use of a word during a Sacrament Meeting talk led to Greg's first thoughts of becoming "more than just friends" with me. Or so he claims. I know he was actually in love with me long before that (Thanks again for the over-inflated confidence Dad!). What I'm saying is this: good words used well will always win bonus points with me. One of my most prized possessions is my dictionary (set), no lie.

Another reason I enjoy writing is that I love reading. I'm currently reading (studying) Jesus the Christ and it is incredible. I'm embarrassed to admit I hadn't read it until now. Talk about a book with words I have to look up! I'm eating it up. I'll post more thoughts on this later.

I also enjoy blogging because I love reading what others are thinking about. Chances are if you're reading this, I've probably already checked to see if you've updated your blog as well--so keep it coming! :)

1 comments:

Amylee said...

I love it! I think your love of writing stems back to us as kids, writing our own children's books, making little library cards, and renting them out to Bob, Mark Heath and Mark Paget. Don't ya think?