Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A Willis Summer (Part II)

Summer highlights continued...

MAY
Once back to reality, we (here meaning Greg and our Willis dad) removed (chopped, pulled, dragged) some nasty bushes that donned the front and back of our house. You can see one still standing on the right side of the front yard.



















Good work Greg! I'll just stand here and take pictures :)


JUNE
Then we got a wild idea to catch some tadpoles at the Weber River Parkway in Riverdale. First, you need a net. A wire hanger and old nylon should do!

Greg and Christie making the contraption.


Our nephew Ethan (Willis) showing off the finished product.



We also like to go for walks at the Parkway. Sometimes Greg loses his shoe in the mucky pond :)


Other times he finds a yucky hat.


Then there was rockclimbing with friends from work (Wendy's first time ever).

Greg is near the top.


I was a natural (according to Greg's boss) and I loved it.

The first Triathlon of the season: Cache Valley (06.21)


Swim...

Bike...

Run...








And that's how it's done. Greg set a PR at this race--10 minutes faster than his best time last year. Awesome!


To be continued again...

3 comments:

Amylee said...

I'm glad you are still funny. Some things should NEVER change. Who would have thought your neighbor/BFF/enemy would faithfully blogstalk you. I would. I've always had stalking in my blood. One of those things I hope will never change :o).

Wendy said...

I'm glad you think I'm still funny. And no worries, I love a good blogstalk every now and then :) I'm glad we will always be BFF.


P.S. Stay tuned for more summer highlights and (finally) a bunch of wedding photos.

Coopers said...

Lee is a little jealous of the yard work. He just wants a house so bad! But out here is California--ha, keep dreaming. You should talk to Jenna and Tyrel about tadpoles. They had some for pets for a little. Next, try spiders. They love those too!