Thursday, May 6, 2010

deef

This post by Meg inspired me to share the following...


We sat side-by-side on a church pew; we being me, he, and he's girlfriend. I don't remember what the man standing at the pulpit was saying. All I remember is that he said, "deef," and as soon as the words escaped his lips, me turned to he and he to me in unison, both wearing a look of utter confusion. I think we may have mouthed "deef" to each other and then, unsuccessfully, tried to contain our laughter. Meanwhile, girlfriend sits clueless outside the connection forming between me and he. He later told me that moment brought a thought, "You should marry a girl like Wendy." Little did he know what the thought really meant, "You will marry Wendy."

3 comments:

meg fee said...

oh wendy! i adore this. simply, adore it. it gives me so much hope!

Amylee said...

This rocks my world.

Jenna said...

love it!