Thursday, December 10, 2009

pop!

Confession: I have been in love with Bubble Wrap my whole life. It's just satisfying to hear those little bubbles pop. I know I'm not alone here...

Growing up with a salesman Dad meant receiving lots of samples in big boxes = Bubble Wrap. Growing up with 5 brothers meant we occasionally fought over who got the Bubble Wrap. I usually won. When I was feeling nice I shared with my little brother. I may not have felt nice as often as I should.

I would lay the Bubble Wrap carefully on the floor and run up and down the sheet until the 'popping' stopped. Then, I would methodically scan each row for unpopped bubbles to squish with my fingers.

That being said, you must understand why I need this calendar:


A bubble to pop for every day of the year? Genius.

I'm contemplating making my own. Now I just need Bubble Wrap. Who drew my name for Christmas again?

Isn't sealed air great?

3 comments:

kate said...

that is so friggin cool, but oh, so evil! i feel a little queasy thinking how hard it would be to only pop one day at a time! wow. that would take some SERIOUS self control.

G'ma Diane said...

I was wondering what to get you. Problem solved Gma

Michele said...

Like Lays potato chips- can't pop just one...