Monday, November 19, 2007

if you don't know me by now...

...you will know me better by the end of this post! Hold on tight as we embark on 7 things you may not know about the elusive Wendy Wilson.

1. At the mere age of 2, my right thumb got smashed in the houseboat door at Lake Powell. Leading to an early exit from the family vacation and leaving me with a maimed finger for life. (See photos below of LEFTY v. RIGHTY) (You will notice that my right thumbnail is markedly longer and pinched near the top.) (Maybe the pics don't show it very well...)










2. A few years later (I was maybe 5 or 6?) I became upset at my good friend Amylee Wilson (no relation) and threw a brick at her while we were swinging on the now condemned Wilson swing-set.
No worries though, it didn't actually hit her (sealing my fate of not becoming a softball player) and I DID run really fast to the cheers of my adoring brothers (sealing my fate of becoming a runner) (I was obviously a crowd favorite from a young age) (and humble about it too) and hid under my bed.

3. I actually enjoy writing in cursive. I know, it's sick.

4. I wouldn't consider myself a very superstitious person but I do think 4-leaf clovers are super lucky. I used to spend nearly every recess in 5th and 6th grade looking for 4-leaf clovers on the seemingly mutant hill behind Windridge Elementary that produced an inordinate amount of them. I averaged at least 2 every recess and sometimes more like 4 or 5!

5. My brothers and I have a yearly contest to see who can gain the most weight on Thanksgiving and I hold the all-time record of 7.5 pounds!!! I have witnesses. We even have rules about weighing in and you get in trouble if you so much as move the scale from it's original position. I dare anyone reading this to try and beat that! Hey, hey, hey-is that Fat Albert?

6. My 15 minutes of fame includes meeting Andrei Kirilenko in Russia, of all places. I went to Russia during the summer of 2003 for the equivalent of a high school athlete summer olympics. Utah vs. Moscow. Ya, they may have kicked our trash but it was a blast!
I'll post the pic of he and I when I get in scanned in!

7. I nearly kissed my high school principal my senior year. Ok, so it was part of an assembly and it was a joke (OBVIOUSLY) but it got a good gasp out of the crowd. (I'll spare you from a pic of this one...)

Ok, I couldn't stop at just 7 because I kept thinking of things...

8. Someone asked me recently what I excel at. The only thing I could come up with was making paper snowflakes. That may sound really lame but you'll think again when you see my masterpieces! I'll scan some in to show ya'll how it's done. I'm open to giving lessons :)

9. And to end with the BIG one...I enjoy public speaking. I really and truly do. I used to get an adrenaline rush when I taught Relief Society in my previous ward and not from nerves but rather from serious excitement. Sorry for anyone with a weak stomach, I should have warned you.

3 comments:

kate said...

fabulous quirks you have! i do want snowflake lessons. and i didn't know you had a freak thumb! how could you keep that from me? i'm hurt.

Amylee said...

I WILL NEVER, EVER, FORGET THE BRICK INCIDENT. Good thing we always forgave eachother fast- just in time for our PPJ meetings. Remember what that stood for? I knew I could find you somehow. Don't think I'm a freak (okay, actually you can because it is true), but I have totally googled your name looking for you. I found Caleb, and here you are! I miss you friend. That's all.

Trent and Steph said...

Wendy,
What is up?
Stephanie