Tuesday, September 11, 2007

ahhh the wonders of nature

I'm in love with the Mt. Ogden Exercise Trails above WSU. I ran there a lot in high school, thanks to Coach Fletcher who ran at WSU in his glory days, and I never get sick of running there. My neighborhood doesn't make for the best running, so I count myself blessed to have this treasure within a short drive of my apartment. There are several different places to run on the trails making it easy to put in serious mileage if I want. I never find the trails overcrowded but I have experienced the occasional entertainment of a golf attempt gone awry. There is one spot on the upper trail that has become "Wendy's special place." The trail bends around the mountain and there is a bench overlooking the Mount Ogden Golf Course with a breathtaking view of the golf links and all of Ogden. Just before sunset is the best with the sun skimming the tops of the trees surrounding M.O.G.C.

Yesterday provided an especially eventful jaunt in nature during my run at the trails. I chanced upon a cottontail hopping across the trail (Dad assured me it was "Budgee Budgee" himself) AND I was stung by a bee. Or a wasp. Whatever it was, it was huge and meant business. I screamed. I'll admit it.

0 comments: